Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Disney...Day 1

Sunday morning, we got up early.  We had breakfast, then waited for the Anaheim Transit to pick us up.  Harley loved riding the bus! She was so excited! (Although you can't tell from the picture).




This is one of my favorite pictures!  I love the way she is looking up at him!

After our short, but fun bus ride, we arrived at Disneyland!  Since this was the day that it would be open late, we decided to go to Disneyland for a bit, then head over to California Adventure.

I love Disneyland at Christmas time!  The decorations, the people!  It's so much fun! 



A kind lady took this picture of all of us together.  I'm wearing my favorite coat, which is stolen on day 3...

Our vacation package gave us some perks, and one of those was our lanyards.  So, we headed over to Frontierland for our free lanyards and pins.  I hadn't been to Disneyland since Sophie was Harley's age, but I love how I know where everything is and it just feels like you never left.


Of course, my gun happy family had to try out the shooting range. 
Then we decided to head to New Orleans Square because Pirates rules!!  Sophie still talks about going on that ride. It was by far her favorite, and I think we went on in 10 times in 3 days.

Outside Pirates we paused to talk a pic with our favorite guy...

Then it was time for California Adventure to open, so we headed over to the other park.  The girls wanted to go to Bugs Land. 
Goofy is James' favorite.  Our next door neighbors have been calling James "Goofy" for years (actually since he was a kid)

Over to Bugs Land we headed.  We have some shots of us on the rides.




Harley hated this one!  They wouldn't let me hold her on my lap, so she freaked out.







Next we headed over towards Paradise Pier and we ran into these guys.....
And this guy.....

We became toys...

And got kisses....
And then, we faced the most annoying part of our trip.  One of my children hates rides...not the 4 year old, oh no, the 8 year old.  And we had to hear the following (which became a joke over the course of the trip).."But it goes down, why does it go down, I'm scared, but it goes down."  Since we are evil parents, and know that she will like it once she's on, we literally spent a ton of time dragging her crying butt on rides...so here is an example of her face (by the way, she went on the same ride another time at her request. 



She was glad she went on the rides she was afraid of (although she didn't do them all) because she had a ton of fun.  To make her happy we tried the new Toy Story ride.  Very fun, similar to the Buzz ride at Disneyland.  James scored the highest of all of us and he did in one handed while holding Harley!



We did more rides and met some of our favorites.  Joey got to ask Crush a question.  He asked him if he liked tacos.  Crush wanted to know what tacos were.  It was a pretty funny conversation.  Another perk of our vacation package was getting preferred seating at the Aladdin show.  We sat right in front of the parade.  The Genie was so funny, we quoted his lines all week!  Here's a few last pics of our first day.  We ended up back at Disneyland and went on some more rides including Space Mountain.





Check out how tall Joey is next to Goofy!


I heart this pic!


Man of steel!


1 comment:

Amie said...

LOVE IT! Feel like I'm right there with you! Keep 'em coming. :)