Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Whole New Year!

Wow, it's been a wild week. Mostly because it's crazy that I haven't been at work. It's been lovely!

So, let's recap!

I left work late on Monday because my boss decided to let me have another day off this week. So, that means I don't have to return to work until tomorrow morning. So, I had to make sure I wrapped everything up before I left. I cruised on home so I could get ready for the family parties.

First we went to James' aunts house for a while. We ate posole and danced and hung out around the fire. It was really windy and cold.

We didn't stick around there all night because we also wanted to go to Benji's & Annette's house (our fave's of the cousins-but don't tell, shhh...) for the actual New Year. It was really fun. Abby didn't make it to the countdown, she fell asleep on the couch. What a doll! Then, off to bed!



The next day was my birthday, yeah! I still enjoy my birthday. Perhaps when I turn 30 I won't like it as much, but right now, I'm still a fan. We headed to my mom's house for a fabulous cake that she baked,yum!

We played Guitar Hero, and Joey beat the game (at easy level, but I'm still really impressed). He is excited that it's the one game that he is actually better at than his Uncle Steve!



Then Mom and Dad watched the kids so James and I could see a movie. So, no judging here ladies and gents, but we saw Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox story. Which is funny but very inappropriate. The best part is that guy can sing!

Wednesday was pretty fun. I got some awesome scrappy stuff from Amie. Thank you, thank you! I dropped off the little one and took the biggies to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. That was really cute. I couldn't believe I went to the movies two days in a row. It is seriously a record for me. Then I went to the mall and used my Bath and Body Works gift certificate. I will now smell better, so all those who complained. Okay, I really am joking there...and then went to the Disney Store where I got these awesome shoes with my birthday money from my folks:


After that I picked up my beauty went home, then got ready for Scouts. After Scouts, we met my brother and Camille at the movies and saw Sweeney Todd. Really gorey. But, still good. The music really is fantastic. Johnny Depp can do anything! We got home really late, so the next morning I had James drop off Sophie and the kids and I sleep a little, cleaned the house then got ready for Tammy's baby shower.

Just a quick note on this because I will cry...Tammy adopted a beautiful, tiny baby boy they named Jesse. I'm so happy for her and her family. It really is remarkable and really shows you how our Heavenly Father knows what is best for us, even when we think we don't. What a beautiful story! We love you Tammy! Welcome to our crazy West Point Ward (yeah and Surprise II Ward to count Dennyse) Family Baby Jesse!

And, here's finally one of the layouts I promised to show. I haven't done the journaling on it yet, but it's Joey as a wee babe.

4 comments:

Melody said...

Joey would beat me at guitar hero too! I have tried and failed many times! So there is another person he can beat!

Even though its a little out of comfort zone I will go to book club you guys...Iam done being shy!

Amie said...

Heard much about guitar hero, putting it in my 'someday' file, first is karaoke! I love that red platter...your mom's, right? Gorgeous! I can't believe you saw 3 movies in 3 days! I'm so jealous. Why oh why oh WHY did they have to make Sweeney Todd R-rated? I am so sad! It will be ages before I can see it on TV!!

Anonymous said...

Hello fellow Blogger! I am so glad you have one! I don't usually blog surf, but when I saw your name on Melody's blog I thought I would check to see if it was you! Cute blog. I'll talk to you later.....and way to go on getting Melody to commit to book club :-) It will be fun to have you there Melody. (Isn't it great that I am acting like I attended more than once last year???) Aubree

Stefani said...

Nice shoes!! I think i will see a whole new side of you from your blog rather than at work ;)