Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A pain in my...

Seriously, my sciatic nerve is killing me on my left side. I just started walking away from my desk today, minding my own business, when boom a pain in the rear. Not to mention the other pains that are here at work. *sigh* Wouldn't it be nice to do what we all wanted to do for a living? So many of us fell into our jobs and now we're stuck. I'm stuck mostly because of my great insurance. I guess I should be happy that because of my job I can retire at 49 and then get a job doing something I actually want to do. I know I may be crazy, in fact those that already have this job may think I am, but I've always wanted to be a teacher. I have so much fun planning for Cub Scouts and I know that's just a fraction of the work that goes into being a teacher, but I just love the reward I get when it clicks with the kids and they get it, really get what you are trying to teach. Anyhoo, I'll stop daydreaming and get back to work and plan cub scouts later :)

On a side note, I've been practicing for my "audition tape." I want to do it like an audition but I did find the karaoke version of the song, so I'll play around with that too. Strange, but I'm actually pretty nervous about doing this. I guess because anyone could see and and potentially laugh their you know what's off. Oh well, I like the way I sing, so I'm going to just buck up and sing!

TTFN all my beautiful readers!

2 comments:

Melody said...

Well I don't have GREAT insurance but that is why Iam here! I like to think that someday I will be at a job where I just love it but that is far far away!

And I can't wait to hear the tape of you singing! I love you voice its sooooo pretty! Talk to you later!

Melody said...

PS- I think you would be a great teacher! You do such a good job with the cub scouts! Jacob really enjoys going to your class! Did I tell you the one time when I took him 30 minutes early to cub scouts becuase he thought you would be there early and just wanted to hang out with you! I thought it was cute so you would be a good teacher!