Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ouch!

Well, Day 2 begins!

Last night, I was quite proud of myself. After all the family stuff was taken care of, which included making a sympathy card for one of James' customers whose husband passed away (that was really difficult), I decided I needed to start this diet out right and get to exercising!

I wanted to take the dog on a walk, since I really don't feel safe walking alone at night. Abby wanted to come with me, so I compromised. We swung by The Wall (Walgreen's) to get a leash for Odie, since the other one he had was used for some other purpose that no one will own up to or tell me where it now resides. Then, we headed to the church with some water, also picked up at the Wall. I felt much safer in the church parking lot than I would be at a park. Ab's and I then proceeded to walk and jog around the church. The jogging about killed me, but since I'm starting slow, I'd walk a little, jog a little that sort of thing. Abby made it 4 laps then whining (as per usual) went to sit in the car with the dog (which was also pretty bushed). I did the last lap on my own with more jogging than walking. Whew! Was that hard! I got home, wrapped everything up, read some email, bathed the Soph and then hit the hay-hard!

Now the ouch part...I'm not completely sore, but sometimes-yikes! Mostly my knees. They are holding a whole lot of women (Said like Foxy Cleopatra in Austin Powers) so I think they are protesting the extra strain. I tell them it will get better and I'll be nice tonight (Book club!) but tomorrow, after Scouts, here we go again! I'm hoping to get my bike this week too. It will be fun to take Joe out riding with me (he didn't get to join me last night since he didn't bring his math book home-groundation factor-that's what my dad would call it).

Well, on to my crazy day TTFN!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Nice job on the exercising, jogging sucks! It was fun talking to you at book club last night!

Amie said...

How's the diet going?

You coming tonight?