Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Monday, December 10, 2007

I got to go on a date!

On Friday night, thanks to the Clarks (woo-hoo! Thanks Tammy, Heather, and Callie!) I got to go on a date with my hubbie. It was so nice to spend time with him, just the two of us. I can't even think of the last time we got to do that. It might be before Sophie was born. My Mom could probably tell me, since she usually watches my kiddos. Thanks Mom! Anyhoo, we went to Maui Grill. A little pricey, but like I was telling Amie, I felt fancy (said like a hillbilly). After dinner, he took me to Kohl's to purchase ornaments like Tammy and Heather brought to Enrichment night. One is a pretty snowman, the bulb has little styrofoam balls that look light snow. The other a cow in a tu-tu. Too cute! He also bought me two sweaters. Very nice! Then we picked the kids up. They didn't want to leave. They had so much fun that they all had baths. But, then my children are a bit unusual and being covered in mud or cat water usually would constitute a bath :) Tee-hee. Anytime the Clarks want my kids for a couple of hours, they are welcome to them. My kids wouldn't need any persuasion.

Saturday was a really busy day for us. We didn't have an errands to run. It was time for Spring Cleaning. As I've said before, I'm lazy, so our Spring cleaning was about 9 months late. Hey! At least it got done! We cleaned, we moved, we threw away. I know how Dennyse feels, even Joey said it, it felt like we were moving into a new house! In the end (probably 7 1/2 hours later) we were done. I will never have a house like Tammy or Amie or Sis. Stover, but I've come to realize I love my house and it's weirdness. I finally got my Families are forever sign up. In the Family room/Playroom/computer room, James moved a hutch in for, and I quote "for your scrapbooking stuff." That was just so sweet. Then my brother called to see if James was ordering the fight (boxing). Good thing we cleaned :) So, he and his wife and son came over for pizza and boxing.

Sunday was nice. I wasn't in Primary (though I will be next week) and James watched Sophie during 3rd hour so I got to go to Relief Society. It was a really nice lesson. That evening wrapped up with choir practice. Interesting, to say the least. Erin Hooley is such a saint for being our director. I do get to do a solo for the Christmas Program, so I'm excited. But, I think I got pumped up from singing really high notes, so I had trouble going to sleep last night. I think it was a 12:30 or 1:00 night. I tried not to look. Eventually I went to sleep, and unfortunately had to wake up early to go to work. At least Sophie went to bed way before that, but she probably conked out early as usual, that lucky girl :)

Well, I suppose I should get back to work now. TTFN!

2 comments:

Amie said...

I was gonna ask you how late she was up because she totally conked out before 8am again! Little sweetie! How exciting about your solo. We'll have to see if we can swing a visit. (what does does your ward meet?) I'm doing a piano duet next week with a violin. Been working on it all night and my back hurts! By the way, you're such a dork. I look at other peoples' houses and drool. And... sounds like the next crop will be at your house!! LOL! Cuz you so fancy and crap. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey you- Your welcome & thnkas for the hefty tip! Your husband is so nice...Hey all you kids didnt have a bath just Shopie....Abby had a half bath....thats kinda like half caff. LOL How was the concert last night? Scouts was easy...only 2 boys- Karston and Alex---who sang there hearts out while dancing to ever tune. (funny) Felz Nava-who I cannot sing that one :)