Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Well, here we are, it's Christmas Eve. I believe I am now ready for Christmas. Well, exept the wrapping. But, I'm always leaving the wrapping until the last minute. And I haven't blogged in awhile, so here's a little catch up...



Last Wednesday we had Scouts. We went Christmas caroling with the youth. It was really a blast. We followed the youth (they were riding on a trailer, ala hayride style) in our cars. The kids loved the fast stop, the run, the singing and the running back to the car to go to the next stop. When we were all done, we went back to the church for cookies and cocoa. Yum!



Thursday night we hosted the missionaries for dinner. James made some great carne and tortillas. Boy can those guys eat! Their appointments for that night were cancelled, so they ended up playing games with the kids until they had to leave. That night I went out and grabbed some Christmas presents for the ladies at work, since Friday was going to be our Christmas Lunch.



Friday morning was hectic. James forgot to set the alarm, so I woke up at 7:00 and had to run. Luckily he was able to take the girl's to Amie's house before heading off to work. I got to work on time and had a crazy day, but a nice lunch. It was really hard to work. I did some Christmas shopping on the way home that night. The kids are now done! Then I got home and James said we had to go out to buy my Christmas present.



I know many of you are shocked, but this is the norm in my house. If he bought it that year on his own, I get it before Christmas. He just can't wait. I'm used to it by now. It's okay though because I need to use my gift before then. He got me this:



So, now I can put videos on my blog too. Yeah!


Saturday was a sad day. We took James' 17 year old cat to the Humane Society to be put to sleep. It was hard to do, but it needed to be done. She really couldn't control her urine, feces or puke. Seriously, it was getting gross. That cat was very jealous of me and used to jump on my head in the middle of the night because I was in "her spot." So, Bon voyage, Stella.


Church was fantastic yesterday. Our choir performance was great. We have a small choir, but I was told it sounded like a hundred people. My aunt came to church with my folks to hear my solo. I sang "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear." James said that he won't tell me that I did a good job because my head is too big already. I did get alot of wonderful compliments, so thank you everyone, again! After that I got to teach the Christmas lesson to two classes, not a problem they were all such great kids. But, perhaps it was the cookies...Anyhoo. After that the Primary presidency had planned a really special program. First, the Flemings did a miny Nativity with the kids participating while Bro. Fleming read from the bible. The children were so quiet. You could just feel the spirit in the room. After that the kids were divided into 4 groups and each group had several battery operated candles. They all then went into the Cultural Hall, where the lights were out except for in each corner of the room, except for one, soft lights were glowing. The other corner had a Christmas Light star and lights. Each group went to a corner, then the rotated. One corner had Mary, one Joseph, one the Three Wiseman, and the last shepherds. When they rotated, the pianist played. At each stop they got something for their bags, like a star, a magnet and such. The children were wonderful. I know they felt the spirit. They were so good and so quiet. When they were done they all sang "Picture a Christmas" and then went outside where Bro. Housari burnt Frankenscense for them. They all got Cracker Jacks and then it was time to go. It was really a special day.
Tonight is a Christmas party with my mom's side of the family. I'll take some video.
Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: