Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Monday, November 5, 2007

Let's play catch-up!


Wow! Last week was a busy week! It started out on Tuesday when I got to go to the Get Motivated! Conference. It was really interesting. Colin Powell was wonderful as well as Michael Eisner (formally Disney). I mentioned this to Amie and my mom, but I found it interesting that most of the speakers had all been married for more than 30+ years. It goes to show you that you have to be successful in your personal life to trully be a success all around! These guys were bizillionaires!


Next, Wednesday, my favorite day Halloween!!! It's like Christmas for me the night before I can never sleep. Anyway, I dressed up as a witch (see my pretty picture) all day including work. By the time I got home that night my feet were killing! I had boots on, very authentic! The kids were so cute trick-0r-treating. I can't find my cord to my camera to put the pictures on my computer. Very frustrating. Anyhoo, we got home late, but that was okay since I had Thursday and Friday off for my bro's wedding.


Thursday was not a fun day. I had to go to an appointment for Joey to check out his behavior issues. I'm not going to go into it, but those of you I already talked to know how I felt after. And those who want to know, let me know. Anyhoo, after that I picked up the babies and went home. I had to go get my nails done for the wedding. I like them, but I have such crappy cuticles, I always get knicked no matter what, so they hurt the next couple days. That's also why I am typing so stinky! After that, the Wedding Rehearsal!


So, we drove out to Timbuktu, or Cave Creek as it is normally known, to the Satisfied Frog. James calls it something else in Spanish, that is pretty funny, but not appropriate :) I met Camille's parents for the first time (and they have been dating more than 2 years!) first time for my parent too. It was a good rehearsal, we all seemed really. It was getting scary, the next day was the wedding! After driving the long road home, we stumbled into bed.


On W Day, I took the my two oldest to school the next day and kept my Soph home with me for some bonding. I did a little shopping for some shoes and wedding bribes for Abby (if she did her flower girl duties) it was too important not to bribe. After a little house cleaning (BTW it was messed up the very next day to the point it looks like I didn't touch it) it was time to pick up the kiddos from school so Abby, my mom and I could get out hair done. I really liked all of our hair, Becky did a great job. Weird thing is, she bought her house from Amie's brother! Strange isn't it? Small world. Anyhoo, we ran to my mom's house and I did her make-up and mine then we raced home.


Then, I lost the vows. Yup, couldn't find them anywhere. My mom had to print another copy after I went freak-a-zoid. We finally gathered everything up and got in the car for another billion years trip to Cave Creek. We got there, everyone was rushing around, going crazy. We got dressed and people started to arrive. I was really nervous. It was time. Abby freaked out a little and wouldn't go down by herself, so she walked with the bride and her parents until she calmed down and did her flower girl gig. I did okay doing the ceremony until I got to "kiss the bride" then I got choked up. It was emotional. I got through, it was beautiful and it was over! We did it! Dinner was great big steaks or chicken and mashed potatoes and veggies. Very good. Abby got over her shyness and danced the whole night! I got to see my cousins and it was a great time.


Saturday was as follows: Zzzzzz......throw-up....Zzzz....trip to the toliet......Zzzzzz ...and repeat. Not fun!


Sunday was nice, we got to see the Carter's baby blessed. Very nice, James got to stand in the circle. I think it meant alot to him. After that visiting with the family, talking about the wedding and eating Mexican spagetti (not much of a difference). It was a good way to end a busy week. Nothing like Family!!!!!


So, I think that catches us up! TTFN!

1 comment:

Amie said...

WOW! that was quite a week for you guys! Your costume looked great; can't wait to see the other pictures. Are you saying that your hair person bought my brother's house? what? how did you make that connection? totally confused here. I'm sure the wedding was awesome! Too bad about being sick. When do you go back for your next 'joey' appt?