Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Monday, November 26, 2007

Back from the Happiest Place on Earth....

Well, I survived my California Adventure! We had a ton of fun. Thursday we got up early and loaded the car for the long drive. We were in pretty good spirits. I watched "Singles Ward" on my DVD player. Way cute movie. Then we stopped at the Dinosaurs and took some pictures, before heading back to the highway for the remainder of our trip. We got through Riverside, then James got lost. Luckily we only had about a billion mile side track that landed us close to San Bernadino, and with some directions obtained from a AMPM, we quickly arrived in Anaheim.

After hotel check in, we decided to head to the Knott's Berry Farm area and get something to eat and do some shopping. I love Snoopy stuff. We got some fudge and some Carrow's for dinner and then headed to CVS so my MIL could get some film. I can't believe she still uses film! James found a DVD player in the CVS for $20 (and we needed another at home too) so he got it and we hooked it up and watched a scary movie (the kids were asleep) until we couldn't keep our eyes open for another second. So, off to sleep, with visions of Mickey dancing in our heads.

I woke us all up the next morning so we could get to Disney early. We grabbed some Continental breakfast courtesy of the Ramada, then went to Disneyland. James heard someone honk while we were in the parking garage (Daisy parking) so he started honking, then soon everyone was honking, people were so excited.

First thing we did was get our picture with Mickey (the one with me is unfortunately on my MIL's camera, I was getting a locker at the time the one below was taken). Then we went to the Enchanted Tiki Room. Sophie really loved that one! My MIL liked it alot too. And her BF just called everything Suave the whole weekend (he only speaks Spanish). We say Aladdin and Jasmine, did the Haunted Mansion (whoa-hoo, Jack Skellington!) all the fun stuff. The new Finding Nemo ride was wonderful. Sophie loved it and kept her face pressed right up against the glass to see. We stayed at Disney until they cancelled the fireworks (due to high winds) and the kids were really too tired to stay much longer. They were tired all day because they complained pretty much non stop. So by this time, I was sure I made a mistake coming all the way to Cali.

The next day, back to Disneyland to hit Space Mountain (the day before they had run out of Fast Passes at like 3:00, so we didn't want to wait 60 min) and check out the Jedi Training Academy. Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Storm Troopers, the works! Joey really liked that, but was sad he didn't get picked to become a Padawan. Then we head to California Adventure. BTW, the whole day Tammy and I were text messaging where we were in the Park because they had come up on Saturday and we kept missing each other. We had some great hamburgers, soared over California, then decided to do the Grizzly Mountain. Abby, James and I got soaked. My MIL, her BF and Joey went on before we did (while we watched Sophie) and they only had a couple sprinkles. I had to get an another shirt, it soaked me to my shoes! The geyser! And, those of you that know, that extra layer underneath didn't help the drying off quickly factor. I did the Tower of Terror twice in a row. We did Playhouse Disney for the kiddos. We did meet up with the Clark's that night and did California Screamin' twice in a row. Then we headed back to Disney to take in the fireworks. They started them, then had to stop because the high winds were to strong. Bummer! It did snow and Abby and Joey enjoyed that (Sophie was asleep). Pirates one more time, shopping then back to the hotel. I was so sore!

We slept in a little on Sunday, then headed home. I was so happy to be home and to sleep in my bed! Overall, a great trip! It will stay with me for a long time, mostly the pain in my legs from all that walking!









4 comments:

Amie said...

I can't believe how wet you got!! That's miserable. I gave up water rides years ago cuz I can't stand walking around in wet pants!

What an awesome jampacked trip!

Christine said...

Sounds like a BLAST! I'm having some serious Disney envy here :-) Don't worry about getting lost. I'm a CA native (lived there for 25 years) and I get lost all the time, Oy! Was the park all decked out for Christmas yet? If you come to the crop on Fri you should bring us some photos to look at!

Anonymous said...

Chris! It was great seeing you there & riding the CA SCREAMIN' what a blast....are you legs still sore I am just now able to stand w/out pain. I took all my photos to Wally-mart (5 cameras)and should have them back on Saturday. After you told me about getting sooo wet we bought ponchos-& not a drop of H20 on this chicka cause you know how sweet I am that I would just melt- LOL We are putting up the tree at my house tonight-Wish me luck-Jingle Bells Jingle Bells-

Amie said...

va va va voom! check our your new Meez!!