Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Friday, October 26, 2007

By the light of the full moon....


Yesterday was the weirdest day ever! People at work were yelling at eachother, some guy sent in a resume that consisted of 15 pages of a poem that talked mostly about female body parts (and using very nasty terms for them), people crying and finally to top everything off my cell phone incident.

At work they put out a list of everyone's extensions and cell phone numbers. Apparently this week they released the latest and greatest edition of said list. Well, one of my coworkers needed to get ahold of me, so she pulled up the list. "Oh, how nice, her cell phone number is listed, "she thought. "I will contact her that way." Unfortunately, I don't have a cell phone for work. I have a my personal one, but that's it. So, when she called my "number," she got a message from a "Devon" telling everyone she might return your call, but she's too busy taking a (I cleaned this up) a poo. Also unfortunate, the lady that called it first initially thought it was me and thought it was very "Un-Christian of me." Other coworkers quickly told her it obviously wasn't me, but some weird Devon. Weird thing is, the lady who put out the list doesn't know where the number came from and there are no Devons working here. So, as a result, and a weird one at that, everyone decided I need a cell phone for work. Yuck! It's such a lease! They better understand that I don't answer it after hours because my family is way more important than work!

Another thing with work this week. We have this important case that HR has been working on. My involvement is pretty minimal, except, I have to be the crying post (get it Mom?) for the lady in charge of it. Whine, whine! Stress, stress! We understand it's important, but relax! Take a serious chill pill...in fact some of the nurses have volunteered to sneak me some Zanax for her (of course they would never do it, but the offer was there). I try to separate work and home, when I leave, I leave it behind. This lady calls my boss on Saturday night because she thought of something. My boss gets so mad! It's great that she is so thorough, but we are not perfect and sometimes stuff isn't going to work out, and it's okay! Okay, enough on work.....

I've missed T.V. this week. I think I got to watch some T.V. on Monday and that was it. I've been busy all week. Including last night. I got home late and then looked at my house and silently screamed. Gross! So, I cleaned as James and the kids watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Yes, that's right OOTP! Thank you movie lady! Oh, wait, I have no idea who she is and I have never purchased anything from her trunk. Hee, hee. At least this one doesn't have some guy standing in front of the screen (like our copy of Hairspray). But, anyway, I saw 1/2 of ER last night and got totally confused. I've got all of the episodes on my DVR but haven't had time to watch them. Missed The Office and My Name is Earl, and I can't sit and watch them on Saturday because I have to go to Wickenburg! AAAHHHH!

Seriously, we have an absolutely beautiful Stake building right here in Surprise and no one really needed to go camp out before a training day. Come on! I love my Scouts, but I love my babies more and now I have to drop them off at 6:30am with my poor, poor mother who works too hard already, to attend a training, in uniform, outside. I know I will learn lots of things and I will benefit and so will the boys, but I can still protest, since it is my legal right as a citizen of these great United States. So, I go, with a heavy heart (it will lighten immediately, but hey I can complain, since it is my blog).

On a final note, this week I had the opportunity to do rounds on the Alzheimer's Unit here at my work. Unusual for me since I have no healthcare experience, but I get to help out. What a terrible, terrible disease. I love those residents and I'm so glad I get to visit them everyday! My heart is too full to write anymore. So, on that note...TTFN!

2 comments:

Amie said...

oy ick. that tired me out just reading it!

Families are Forever said...

You've been tagged. See my blog for more info.