Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Monday, September 24, 2007

Another Monday....

I finished ready the Marie Antoinette book Saturday night. I must say that I had a weepy weekend because I cried for the last 3 chapters and then most of Sunday (we have a great teacher in Relief Society, Beth Wagnher (sp?) she teaches High School and is so talented! I love when she teaches a lesson, you can't help but feel the spirit). It didn't help that she lost 2 of her children (the first one was her baby named Sophie!) and knew she was leaving 2 more as she headed to our to lose her head. It was a interesting book, if this author was correct, she was swept away by rumors and only rumors, nothing was true. I guess we'll only know when we depart this world. I think I'll have many questions to ask the powers that be when I die.

Which reminds me, our lesson was about the importance of prayer. I have to say I have been really lacking in this area. So, I'm going to challenge myself and really try to get better at this. I'm trying to think of a way to make sure I remember, so any suggestions, I'll take them.

Joey did two things so opposite of one another this weekend, sometimes I wonder about him. I was asked to help lead the girls in Primary during the "Love is Spoken Here" song. There are hardly any girls in Senior Primary, so the Primary Chorister needs to focus on the boys. After we went through the song, they went on to the next, "This is My Beloved Son." I love this song! Joey has a solo on the 3rd verse, the Joseph saw to glorious beings, verse. So, I stayed to listen to him sing his part, since the Primary Chorister says that he is really rocking the verse and he sounds good. She was right! He did! It was gorgeous! He has such a clear, cute little boys voice. I don't get to hear it at home, because he is usually goofing around. It moved me to tears and I had to turn around while he was singing so I wouldn't make those sobbing noises. Very sweet! Just so pure...

Then, his opposite side, gone is the pure sweet spiritual boy, on comes the "of course I did all of my homework." Oh, I hate that he lies to me. I checked his stuff as he went along, but I can't keep up completely and I trusted him. I didn't know that I couldn't until recently and this drove the stake in the heart. Wow, it hurts to think he'll lie about homework. I hope that I can cure him of this habit before it involves more important things.

And now, to change the subject, since that one is bothering me. I'm getting ready for Sophie's birthday. Saturday, her actually birthday (the 29th) is such a busy day. Cub scout day camp, 2 birthday parties and then a birthday party that Sophie is sharing with her cousins. I'm very sad that her 1st birthday party isn't going to be just for her. But, her uncle wanted to host the party and I don't want to make waves and offend him. So, on Sunday, we'll have an official party for her at my mom's house. Right after I get out of church, which unfortunate, is 5:00. Next year we are the 8:00 ward, so from one extreme to the other. Anyhoo, she's too young to really know, and as long as she knows we love her and she gets some presents from me, I'm all set! And, of course, the cute shots of her getting cake all over herself!

1 comment:

Amie said...

Oh she'll never know about it not being on her birthday--it's more for MOM's benefit than anyone else! =)

I bet your kiddo has a great little voice. Best of luck to him during the program! (or was it yesterday? I missed that)