Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The weekend is over...yuck!

I'm thoroughly bummed that my long weekend is now over and I'm sitting at my boring desk doing boring work. Seriously, whoever invented work stinks!

My weekend started out pretty good. I decided to hit the bookstore and pick up some books that went unpicked at the last book club meeting. A friend of mine is lending me the chosen book, Marley and Me. I decided to buy myself an anniversary present, since I knew James wouldn't get around to buying me anything or figure out what I actually wanted. Sunday, Sept. 2nd was our 7th anniversary. Only 7 married, 10 together and 3 months sealed. I have 3 anniversaries. But, I digress. So, I bought myself a Barnes and Noble membership. I know I'll get use out of it since I do prefer to buy my books in hopes that I can read them again or pass them on (and since I owe money at the library). I came home and told James how much I appreciated his present. So I picked up The Honk and Holler Opening Soon, by Billie Letts and for fun, The Nanny Diaries. I always like to read the book before the movie. Like The Devil Wears Prada, that was a great book! The movie was okay, but the book, fantastic! So, I'll be using my card to purchase more in the future. If anyone wants to borrow anything after I've read it, let me know!

I also got some things at Target, mostly for Sophie. I just love to get her things. She is so funny! James taped that Yo Gabba Gabba show for her and she loves it. It is very weird and the guy that hosts the show is the skinniest man I have ever seen! But, she loves it and dances to the music. Here's the website, just so you know what I'm talking about http://www.nickjr.com/shows/yo-gabba-gabba/index.jhtml Here's a picture for easy reference.
So, anyway, about my anniversary. It really wasn't anything special. I baked some oatmeal chocolate chip and regular chocolate chip cookies. Not from scratch, but from the handy little pre-cut circles the Doughboy has so lovingly made me. They were very good and after dieting all this time, they were exceptionally good. We did eat out several times and most of the weekend I felt bloated from all of the food! I'm back to dieting today, though. But, we didn't have any special dinner out by ourselves or anything. We spent it with the kids and it was good enough for me.

Labor day consisted of spending time at my brother in laws house. I'm not going to get stared here, but boy does he aggravate me. Can't we have one get together without consuming mass quantities of beer? He gets louder than usual, so picture a drunken Mexican dude, with a pot-belly yelling in a voice that sounds like Sylvester Stalone in Rocky. "Adrian!" On a side note, my sister in law looks terrible. She has been diagnosed with MS, and although I'm not a fan of hers, she has lost like 20lbs and she is looking a little like Skeletor (He-Man reference). She says it's from working. She just needs to take care of herself.



Tonight I'm going to the Diamondbacks games with my folks, my brother and my Joey. It should be fun. Joey is really excited. I'm considering it one of his birthday presents. He's almost 9!















No comments: