Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Back From the Dead!

Well today I'm back to work. I've been mostly dead for the last 3 days. Don't you love Princess Bride? Anyhoo, I had this horrible stomach thingy with a fever. Today I feel like I'm walking under water, I'm slow and drained, but now I'm mostly alive.

I finished The Good Earth, The Nanny Diaries and The Honk and Holler Opening Soon. So, here's a short book review

The Good Earth-Boy life sucked in China! Mostly for women. There were times that it was horrible, but because it was written a billion years ago, it wasn't graphic. It was tasteful. If you've read the book, you understand what I'm talking about with the women, but if you haven't when a girl is born, they call it a slave from the start. They usually don't even name them, just call them a slave. Wow!

The Nanny Diaries-Wow, rich people suck! Just kidding, mostly I'm amazed that people have children that don't really want them. Instead they pay someone else to raise them and then criticize the way it is been done. It happens all the time. The Nanny Diaries give you look into the life of a nanny. Only a couple bad words, no graphic stuff.

The Honk and Holler Opening Soon-Things can go bad in someone's life, but there is always hope that something will get better for them. I liked this book. Some of the subject matter is a little out there, but it is written for adults and it has a happy ending. I liked it, it was written by the same person that wrote Where the Heart Is.

Sorry that they weren't very involved reviews, but hey, I've only been mostly alive for about 4 hours!

1 comment:

Amie said...

I'm glad you were back up and around today. What a yucky couple of days.