Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Just keep jogging, just keep jogging...

I just remembered that I forgot to mention the other thing going on in my life in the blog I posted below (go there to check out my puppy Coco!). I was bamboozled by some "friends" (okay just kidding on that I do love them all) into joining a little jogging/walking group. It will be every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and we will jog 2 minutes and walk 4 minutes. So, here are some of my thoughts as it all went down...

Day 1 (monday)
4:30a.m. My first thought are ....that can't be the correct time on the clock. I do not waketh until it is after 6:00 in the morn. *sigh* I stumble to the bathroom where I look at my face with some streaks of eyeliner that didn't come off. Dang stuff, I can never get it all! I throw back my hair into a pony tail. It only all stays in the pony because I have not yet showered. I figure I will be covered in sweat in a little bit, so I'd have to shower again anyway. I go out to my dryer to grab the stuff I tossed into the wash the night before so I would have "workout gear." *sigh* it is all still damp. Groan, go about trying to locate something else to wear, finally locate everything and rush out to the car.

5:15am arrival.....I pull into the Stake Center. I immediately see a group of women that look like Olympic competitors and Beauty Queens. Seriously, why are the ladies in our church so pretty? We norms stick out like a sore thumb. I knew I was going to stick out among these ladies, I think the amount of weight I need to loose it what most of them currently weigh. I inwardly sigh and get out of the car. I find my friends and begin to awkwardly stretch. My stomach is doing backflips. I must be absolutely crazy. We break up into 2 groups: The Pros and the Slows (okay this is called Beginners). So, we walk to Greenway to commence the jogging portion. I jog for like 5 seconds and I'm breathing like an elephant. I have to drop down to a walk. Thank goodness a lady with a knee injury was there, she stayed with me when I was left in the dust. I couldn't do any of the 2 minute jogs. I would instead look at a street sign and make that my target and jog to that. You are supposed to do 5-2 minute jogs. I did probably 2 minutes total. I was horrible. We were done and I went on my way to a glorious shower.

Tuesday Morning (that reminds me-we need to go there Dennyse, but I digress...)
I wake up and my butt hurts. Seriously ouch! I'm sore everywhere else too, but when I sit down, Holy Cow! All day I'm thinking that there is no way that I will do a morning jog again.

Wednesday
5:15am there I was again! What a lunatic! So, out of the 5-2 minute jogs I did 3 totally. Mostly at an extremely slow pace, but hey, I did it. The other 2 I did almost the entire jog. I have to admit I cried, revealed my current weight (hoping to gain sympathy as to why I can't run any faster) hummed Primary tunes (a shout out to "I Hope They Call Me On a Mission") prayed, inwardly cursed and was embarrassed beyond belief. But, I will do it again!

I do have to say I am lucky that the ladies that have been helping me are so nice. I just hope they are not inwardly frustrated to have to waste their workout time on me. I am just hoping they are all counting it as service points and secretly want to be the trainers on "The Biggest Loser." That's exactly how I feel when I'm jogging, like a biggest Loser contestant. Like I told Dennyse this morning, they would put me with Jillian if I was on TBL, because I'd cry like a baby every workout! It would be great television (yeah, right).

Well, back to work. I'm waiting for the energy to kick in because right now I feel like I was hit by a bus!

1 comment:

Amie said...

Good for you! I'm so proud of ya! And LOL to the Pros and the Slows...I love it. I'd totally be in the Slows category. I DETEST running. ONly if someone is chasing me. And that's with a lethal weapon. Or brussel sprouts, same diff.