Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm sorry...

I can't believe I haven't posted in forever! I kept telling myself that I was wanted to put up pictures with my next post, so I think that's why I was waiting, but I'm not home long enough to post at home. So, I'll post here at work and perhaps get those pictures up tomorrow morning. So, you all need a recap!!

Last Saturday I did the 5k Fun Run at church with Dennyse. I'm very proud to say, that we did it in 50:10, which according to my research is faster than most people on their first 5K. It was hard, but fun and I was so proud of us when we were done. After that, we went to the Swap Meet with Dennyse, Auggie, Dennyse's friend Liz and her little boy. We had so much fun! We sampled pineapple, talked to some Missionaries, bought veggies, a Yoda mask for Joey, headbands for Abby and a little shopping cart for Sophie (which she loves!). I found this awesome Coach Ipod case for Dennyse to get for her daughter. this was authentic and an old lady was selling it for $5 and it still had the tag on it and the Coach bag! Very cool! After that we all had lunch at Tomato Sweet (as Abby calls it) and ate soup to my heart's content!

After a run to the church bookstore, I went home and crashed before I got up to finish up preparing for my very first sharing time ever!!! Can you believe my first one was as the Primary President? I know, strange. It went really well, I talked about President Monson. But, I'm skipping ahead in the story. So, Saturday night I got everything prepared to get up bright and early Sunday. It was my first day as the Prez (as my husband says).

Sunday we get up, scramble and get dressed to go to church at our fabulous meeting time of 8am. Primary went well, as could be expected for my first time. I enjoyed Sharing Time and I think the kids did too. I think the adults learned alot about President Monson. It was fun. After the Ward Council meeting it was time to party down at Grandma's House.

My Memere to be exact. That's what I call my spunky 81 year old Grandma. She says that it's french for Grandmother. We went to her house to visit with her and other relatives I haven't seen in ages. I saw my cuz Paul and Barbara. Both are looking well and it seems fortune is smiling on them because they look healthy. My cousins Marsha and Jenny were also there and they played alot with Coco (my dog) who came along for the party. Coco and Sophie were the hits of the party. I also say lots o'Irish cousins I hadn't seen in a dog's age (tee-hee) but we all fit alright together. It was very fun. We ate and talked and laughed.

So, Monday I was being punished for something. I got up and had some stomach issues. Not fun, but I thought I would be fine, so I went to my jog and then got home and crashed since it was Pres Day. I got up at around 8am and then proceeded to have food poisoning until 9pm that night!!! Yes, my grandmother poisoned me. But, I still love her. I was not the only one sick, but I think I had it the worse!

I did go to work on Tuesday. I can't believe that I did, and that night went to Scouts to finish our decorations for the Blue and Gold Banquet. I got up and ran on Wednesday noticing that my knee was hurting. Well, now I can barely walk. I limped to my first ever Presidency Meeting on Wednesday night. We were out late, but got alot accomplished. Thursday was more Primary, this time training at the Stake Center. So today I will be doing nothing!!!!!! I can't wait.

Oh, I forgot! The Valentine's Day dance was special. I shared a dance with my man. I can't wait to see the picture they took of us. It's been to long since something that fun with just the two of us (in public I mean). When I get the picture I'll have my bro scan it so I can post it here for the world to see my crazy love, tee-hee!! Well, I think I'm all caught up and you are all exhausted from reading. I promise to get those pics of my Grandma's party up on Saturday.

TTFN!!!!

1 comment:

Amie said...

wow, awesome update! I'm so proud of you for running the 5K!!