Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Saturday, April 5, 2008

RenFest!!

The last Saturday in March we went to RenFest 2008 out in AJ. It was really fun. Hot, but fun. Since it was pretty smoking for March, I decided not to wear my costume, mostly because it is black and I would roast. I was disappointed, of course, but I figure there is always next year! So, once we drove a million miles to AJ, after getting lost, detoured, etc. we got into the fair. Then I realized I left my wallet in the car, so I left the kiddos with my mom (James had to work, so Mom and I took the babies) and hoofed it back to the car, another million miles away. This is the point that I was glad I didn't wear my costume I was so hot!!!

Okay, once I got back inside I saw: An Ent! Hello Lord of the Rings fans, check it out a TreeHerder!!

Then, I found the kids talking with a sheep lady. One of her sheep had a disease of sleep and just hung by a rope dragged behind her. They really are a special brand of people, RenFair folks...

After checking out the Torture Dungeon...let me speak a moment about this...for $1.50 we got to experience the best thing at the fair. If you can ignore all the torture scenes you get to stand in a freezing cold AIR CONDITIONED!!! exhibit. That's why it was the best!!!! Anyhoo, after the Dungeon..Lunch!
The kids chowed down on Turkey legs:


Abby went on the swings:


Sophie napped....


We enjoyed many shows and shopping, but the best part, by far is this Fairy. She is just awesome. She gives the children a fairy stone with lucky pixie dust. Here's a couple pics and a video of her playing her fairy flute:


We had a great time, although, next year, I did get a promise from Mom that she'd watch the kiddos so James and I could go together. So Huzzah!

3 comments:

Amie said...

Wow Neat! I love the RF. I've been 5 times I think...just a couple of years ago I went with Dan (our first time as a couple) but I think I'd wait on taking my kids for a few more years. All the funny stuff is definitely PG or PG13!

That fairy was so cool! I've never seen her there before! Sorry it was so hot. Are the turkey legs really great? We've never had them before.

Christine said...

I love RF's! My cousin use to work (well she still does) all the RF's as a hair braider so I use to go to the fair a lot with her. I haven't been to the RF here yet and I really should just hunker down and go w/ DJ.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.