Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Monday, April 14, 2008

My new stuff....

Okay, I've had a request to post a blog so someone has something to read at work, so here goes:



Here it is my brand new Dell Inspiron laptop PC! Yup, I'm so lazy I must lie in bed to read emails. LOL! I love it! Did my taxes on in and everything! Woo-hoo!

Last week I got to attend several events for my children. First, Tuesday was the Pinewood Derby. Joey didn't place, but he and his sister had a great time. I didn't get to take pictures because I was acting as the Announcer and James was home with a Sicky Sophie (she's all better now).

Because I actually have videos of the rest of the week's lovely dance performances, of course, I can't get either of my computers to allow me to upload the videos. I keep getting a Blogger error message, yada yada, contact them, yackity smackity. So, needless to say, no videos. I'll definitely post those later. But, let me break down what happened.

So, on Wednesday, after the Derby, Abby had a dance performance. She was enrolled in a dance class with the City of Surprise, that culminated into a 30 second dance to a High School Musical song. Yup, that's it! They did do lot's of other stuff and most of them are 5 and 6 years old, so I shouldn't be surprised. But, since it involved my baby, I loved it. Very cute. Also nice that we didn't have to sit through an hour of Swan Lake. Abby bid adieu to her Skinny Minnie dance teacher until the next day because she also taught Joey's musical theatre class.

Cut to Thursday night, same time, same place, same teacher, almost same song, different kid. Joey's class did another High School Musical song (Joe tried to get them to do something from Wicked, Spamalot and Joseph and the ATDC, but no dice...little girls love HSM-apparently alot of big girls too). Joey's song was almost the whole song, but considering they only do 45 minutes for 5 weeks, what else could we expect. It was cute, it also involved him doing a little hip movement thing from Grease (dang Blogger!!!! I promise I'll put up that video, HILAR!!). It was really cute, James was a little uncomfortable-guys really have this fear that their sons will go to the Rainbow Side (hah! darkside) even they do anything they feel is slightly girly, but James would never admit it. I could just see it in his eyes. BTW, Joey stayed in that class because there were 3 boys and 16 girls. Did I mention he is a very smart little boy? Did I also mention every time I picked him up he was always either being chased by, or surrounded by girls. Yup, that's my little man.

Since I was really pretty yucky that week, Friday night was spent at home with my hubby. The kids were all hyped because we had a Ward Picnic on Saturday. It was really fun too. Water balloons filled the air, lot's of good conversation too. The evening ended with the Primary children ice blocking on the blocks of ice we had in our water cooler. I used to love doing that! Now I realize I need a bigger piece of ice. *sigh* So, I didn't try. I just watched the kiddos enjoy the day. Everyone was bummed to have to go home.

I guess I could try to tackle this week...well it really amounted to this. Monday: work and a migraine. Tuesday: work, Taxes, migraine, Dennyse's birthday and book club missed for a migraine. I did watch a funny movie though. It's called Lars and the Real Girl. For those of you that didn't have an "Inactive time" a Real Girl doll is a really really fancy blow up doll. Aw, but the kicker is, that's not at all what the movie is about. In fact, no hanky panky occurs. It was actually a PG-13 movie only for content because of what she is. Look it up, it's actually quite cute. In fact, I don't even remember very many curse words...anyhoo. Wednesday: work, take boys to scouts Thursday: work and a Wal-Mart trip to furnish my 6 year old with grub for her field trip today. I actually had a conversation with her about the kids wanted to get sneezed on by a giraffe. Weird! Friday: work, work, work, yuck!!!!

This weekend should be fun though...anyhoo, until next post which will be sooner, rather than later. TTFN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU Chris!!!!! now that you have given me something to read besides work stuff my week feels complete(yuck... sounded very GAY!!!) love ya' Dennyse :)

Amie said...

Are your videos longer than 100mb? That may be why blogger is giving you fits. Try to upload them to youtube or google first. Good luck. Great update!! The rainbow side...lol!