Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Highlights-Updated

Well, I've been majorly sucking at this whole blog thing lately. So, I thought I'd at least throw up some highlights of the last couple weeks.

1. So, starting out. Dennyse, Tammy, Tammy's daughter Heather, Tammy's baby Jesse and I all went to the Women's Expo on the 19th. We were providing the distraction for Dennyse's surprise party, which was being organized by Dennyse's hubbie and Tammy's hubbie. We were all enjoying the expo, trying food, getting freebies, walking when we got a call that the party was being moved from the park to Dennyse's house. It was really funny trying to make changes, and call people all while Dennyse was around. Mostly funny because, as Dennyse admits, she's a bit nosey :) So, she kept asking who we were talking to. She's so much like my husband with that! Hee-hee! So, when the appointed time was getting close we left the expo and I asked to be taken to pick up my kids, much to Dennyse's annoyance. She was hungry! As was I, but hey, we were fixing her a BBQ at home, so we needed to get there. She dropped me off and Tammy distracted her at Target until it was time to go. When she arrived, I can say she was genuinely surprised. It was really a good time. The kids went in the pool, although it was freezing, and we ended the night playing Mexican Train Dominoes (our fave).

2. I started a diet last week. Yes, I know, you've heard this before. *sigh* believe me, I know. So, I'm on week 2 and down 10lbs. I sure hope I can continue. I still love food and it's been hard during our separation and impending divorce(me and food, it's a little comparison-Added for Amie, sorry to freak you out!). Alas, it doesn't like me. It's completely abused me physically and emotionally. I know it's best for us both to go our separate ways.

3. We visited our friends out in Black Canyon City. Eeek! It's quite a little drive to take on a Saturday afternoon, especially when you have church at 8am the next morning! For those of you that don't know, take the I-17 past Anthem (that like, where the like, outlets are) and keep going and don't blink for you may miss Black Canyon City. They are such cool friends. I think we are going to try to send missionaries out that way. They would really embrace them.

4. Church on Sunday was wonderful! It began a little strange. My second counselor was home sick and my chorister was there but because of dental surgery couldn't open her mouth. My 1st counselor and Secretary were problem solving, so I conducted, did the music and did Junior sharing time. It was really fun though. The best was the Junior sharing time. I introduced a Reverence Butterfly to Primary using the story "To Catch a Butterfly" from the May 2001 Friend. Look it up, it's very beautiful. The children loved it! You could have heard a pin drop it was so quiet in there!


5. I came across a couple books I saw on Amie's blog. "Uglies and Pretties" Well, I read them both in two days they are quite addicting. It's so nice to just fall into an easy breezy book. I'm being to really enjoy Young Adult Fiction. Thank you Stephenie Meyer, thank you. Don't look down on it. Sometimes is nice to think Pretty, adult books are way bogus (Amie might be the only one to get that).


6. Did I mention how wonderful television is? I know, I should be doing better things with my time but, hey, what for when I can watch The Office and Ugly Betty. Not to mention The Tudors. *sigh* Even though I know he killed 2 of his six wives, he is way hot! So, for your viewing pleasure: (BTW, just so you know because I DVR the show I can fast forward through the naughty scenes-I'm not that bad of a girl you know)





1 comment:

Amie said...

Don't tell anyone but I totally watch that show too. And I don't ff the naughty bits! *blush* Hummina hummina he is one hot man. However, I did some research on him, and he's not a very nice man. (JRM, not Henry, all though he wasn't nice either) With JRM, he's all looks and the goodies stop there. Anyhoo, onward. I was reading your blog kinda fast and came to the 'separation and divorce' part and my jaw nearly hit the floor--I had to reread that to get your meaning. Gave me a heart attack for a second. And 10 pounds!! WoW girl you're awesome! I can not get my eating under control. I just love food too much!@! I'm glad Lost, Grey's, The Office, and House are back. Just in time for summer reruns. See ya next week!