Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Friday, December 26, 2008

Why didn't I ask for today off?

Yup, I'm working the day after Christmas. My question is...why? No one has called, probably because they think that there is no one in HR on the Friday after Christmas. No one has emailed, but I did read some from the last couple of days from my girls (shout-out to Amie, Christine and Toni).

Well, I guess I can blog about Christmas as I sneak time on my laptop while at work. Boring!!! I did bring a certain movie to watch at lunch. Hello, Hello! You know which one ladies!!!!

Christmas was great. James surprised me with a super cool, super expensive gift that I wasn't expecting. No pictures though, my camera has been kidnapped, by kids. Anyhoo, he bought me the Cricut Expression. Cool, huh? I'm excited to spend my weekend getting to play around with my neat-o new gadget.

The kids loved their gifts. We enjoyed the heck out of Joey's Guitar Hero World Tour game. Party over here! How fun is that? And the coolest, my mom and dad got Joey a Wii Fit. It is the coolest thing ever!! We were breaking a sweat using it on Christmas. We did racing and skiing and yoga. It's the neatest thing ever. It made my mom and dad want to go out and get a Wii and Wii Fit for themselves. When I get home I'm going to find out my Wii Fit age.

Speaking of age, next week I'm going to hit the big 3-0. It's kind of funny to be 30in my ward. I'm stuck between age groups. Too old for the Crazy Christmas parties and Rock Band get-togethers. Too young for the Relief Society groups with grand kids. Though I do have to say the RS groups invite me to parties. Shout-out to them! I'm not saying I'm bitter, it's just a little weird to be considered too old at 30. In the younger groups I'm the same age as the husbands (since they all came home from missions and married younger girls *wink*). So 30 is crushing my ego. My mom says that it's worse for her that I'm turning 30...she's a women with a 30 year old kids. I see her point.

Well, on to next year my 30 year old booty goes. And what a booty it is...I better jump on that Wii Fit ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday soon if you haven't already had it!
About the age thing, yes, you are Ryan's age but I'm not that much younger than you and I don't seem to get invited to crazy rock band parties either. But if I did, I probably wouldn't be able to go unless it was at like 4 or 5 since my bedtime is between 8:30 and 9. Very sad I know! (Ashlyn did it to me) :)
But I'm sure you would make a great party candidate!

Amie said...

I LOVE my 30s!! Love them!! So much more stable and secure and set and sexy . LOL.

Next party is at the Cavazos'!!!