Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Monday, December 8, 2008

Turkey.....late.....but I posted....right?

Thanksgiving this year was pretty typical. Apparently where my MIL is from, Thanksgiving dinner is actually Thanksgiving breakfast, so I got up extremely early make my beloved green bean casserole for my 9:30 Turkey Dinner. Yup, 9:30.

After arriving at my MIL house, on that long trek, then quickly running back inside my house to check the cooking time of a 22lb turkey at 350 degrees, then sending James to the store because she forgot to buy mashed potatoes...we finally got to take a look at the bird.

Now, let me tell you why I had to look up online the cooking time for the turkey to ensure it was cooked. My MIL removed the little pop up thingy that pops up when the turkey is done. She didn't know that's what it was for and perhaps thought it was for injecting juices (or tequila) into the turkey. So, she's been removing these things every year for ever....

It that wasn't funny enough (well it was sure funny to James and I) she had her *cough, cough* friend Willow (Mauricio is his real name, don't you want to say Willow with that weird voice from the movie...Wiiilllooowww) wash off the turkey so she could put in the stuffing that no one in the family eats. It has olives, nuts, grapes, something unidentifiable and it's black. I'm not lying. So, James cuts open the breast of the turkey to check if it's cooked all the way through and finds the bag of giblets cooked inside the turkey!!!!! Willow took it out washed it off and put it back in. Too funny!!!

So...dinner at mom's was perfect, as usual. Our Thanksgiving evening always wraps up with us pouring over the ads scoping out Black Friday deals. So, I'll take to you Black Friday.

I was ran over by a wild cart at the Wal-Mart. Yup, and that was too seconds after a lady fell on me as I was grabbing $5 High School Musical barbies. I was crouching down to grab them because they were on the bottom of the flat and she behind me and reaching over me to grab one (out of my hand the weirdo) well, apparently someone pushed her from behind and she fell on me. I was telling her to back off, but she had a language barrier and I haven't learned any nice words in that language, so I couldn't let her know that I was closer to her than peanut butter is to jelly. *shiver*

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I hope you all did too. Dennyse....post yours!!!

1 comment:

Amie said...

9:30 am??? That is just bizarre. I don't even like 2p Thanksgiving dinner. What is that? Is it lunch? Is it dinner? If so, I'm hungry by 6?

And ho ho ha ha bout the temperature popup thing...all these years! lol! And the giblets! and dressing! oh my! You oughta cook once and show her a different way to do it. =)