Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

A quick update for you all...

I am so sorry! I have been so busy that I haven't blogged. I've been getting bad. I just wanted to post a quick little update on the crazy thing my family just went through.

So, my hubbie hadn't been feeling good since he came back from the Father/Son Campout on the 17th. He had a fever, pain in his chess(that's for all you George Lopez peeps, I do know how to spell chest) chills, you name it! He couldn't sleep and was getting up all night to pretty much feel miserable and take more medication. Thursday morning, the 22nd, at 1:00AM! he got up for his routine, looked into the mirror and essentially said "Scr*w this" got his keys and drove himself to the hospital. Without waking me! Yup, there I was sound asleep because his butt hadn't woken me up getting back into bed and tossing and turning. I was enjoying my sleep!

Well, 6:00am, my butt decides to wake up. I started the bath because Soph and I like to take a hot bath in the morning (aren't we girly-girls) when I heard a knock upon my door. So, I stomped off the the door because the dogs were going crazy and barking. In mine opinion (Christine, get it?) the only downfall of dogs is the constant barking, like I said mine opinion.

Ah, the door, boy do I get sidetracked. It was on of James' workers (he has a landscaping company if you didn't know-FREE ESTIMATES (LOL) anyway, so Ray asked for the keys for the truck and then told me that James wasn't here (in broken English and me responding in broken Spanish, boy were we are pair). Well that tipped me off as weird! So I pulled out the Ye Old Hello Phone (that's what Abby called the phone a hello phone because you say Hello into it-she used to have her cute moments....okay she still does) called my hubbie and found out, as he whispered over the phone to me, that he had been admitted to Del E. Webb Memorial Hospital because they think he had pneumonia. Well, of course I started to cry, had to call my boss, drag the kids off to me mom's and then rush to the hospital.

Where he stayed until Saturday. Where he had to move to a heart monitoring unit because his blood pressure was too low. Where he had two CTs. Where he was coughing up blood. AND where my kids enjoyed the hospital food. Where I got to spend time really comforting him. Where I helped him to the bathroom. Where I buttered his bread and cut up his food. AND

Where he received his first real Priesthood Blessing. The one that made his temperature go away, the blood in his cough cease, the doctor's find the diagnosis (pneumonia caused by a fungal infection in his lung) and sent the best staff to take care of him.

I know that blessing is the reason he was healed. I know that his name being submitted at the temple is the reason he was healed. I know that Heavenly Father helped us in our time of need. So, I going to publicly thank my Heavenly Father here, at church and to anyone who can hear me, for helping my husband. For giving me such a supportive family and such supportive friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you....

Sorry my quick post turned out to be really long. Have a good one!

2 comments:

Families are Forever said...

That sounds really scary. I'm so glad he's going to be okay. Too bad we can't learn the lessons we're supposed to learn without the trial to teach us to rely on our Savior. But at least we come out stronger. It's nice to hear your testimony. I missed you at Carol's the other night. I was hoping to see you. Since I can't even remember the last time I saw you!!
That's really cute about you and Sophie bathing. I've been wanting to take my baby into the shower with me but I'm so afraid he'll be slippery and I'll drop him.

Christine said...

Holy cow, Amie and your mom were keeping me posted, but man does that sound scary! I'm so glad that he's good now. Does he reconguise the power the blessing held? What an awesome experience. Gotta love that Heavenly Father of ours, he is simply amazing =)