Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bean

10 years ago, I was 19 years old. I was laying in a hospital bed. I was in pain.....well heck, I was having a baby, so I would be in some pain *wink*

Yes, my beloved Blog Stalkers, I became the proud mama of Joey, 10 years ago today. Here he is when I still lived at home with me moms (yes that was on purpose), when he would sleep in a crib (it didn't last long-as soon as he realized Daddy hugs you when you go to sleep in Mom and Dad's bed, he was hooked, he didn't leave until he was 3. I'm not sure how Abby came about...oh, sorry).

He had a Blue's Clues party for his 1st birthday. The one and only time we had it at a park. Yuck, September weather. James tried to make a pinata. He got paper-mache everywhere. Somehow he got it on his speakers, the one's next to the television. Weird...(Sorry about he pic sizes, they were scanned, they look horrible when re-sized)


When he was 3 he switched from home daycare to a Preschool where my mom worked (technically a daycare center, but he called it his school). They took pictures of the kids like they do in elementary school.

It's fun to look back at Joey when he was little, since most of you know, he is far from little. BTW, the title of this post comes from Joey's nickname. Bean is actually a shorter version of "Half a Bean." James made this up because he's half Mexican and half white. They also use "Honkycan" but I don't approve of this one.
Happy 10th Birthday Joey! Below are some random insights into Joe as well as some memories..
  • Joey once smeared himself head-to-toe with peanut butter. Even his eyelashes were covered.
  • He once woke his Dad up using a mini baseball bat (thanks Uncle Steve)
  • When he was 2 years old he was able to ride every ride at Disneyland but Indiana Jones. He didn't like Space Mountain. It was too dark. This means he was over 40 inches tall. He is currently 5'3".
  • Joey is a huge Austin Powers fan. He watched #2 as a toddler and would make air quotes whenever Dr. Evil did. Weird.
  • He crawled for a can of Pepsi.
  • When Joey walked for the first time, he had crawled behind me into the bathroom and then pulled up on the cabinet. When I walked out, he followed me. He scared the heck out of me, because I wasn't expecting a little person following me. I screamed, so he cried. Poor guy.
  • When he was 3 he would sing "Joey to the World" I have this on video tape. Too cute.
  • When I was pregnant with Abby he would tell the cashier's at Wal-Mart EXACTLY where the baby would be coming out. Yup, he was precise.
  • When I was pregnant with Sophie, Joey would put lotion on my feet and rub them. He would bring me water and snacks. My husband didn't do this. He is going to be a wonderful husband.
  • He can change a diaper, even a poopie one. Thought he prefers the #1's to the #2's, LOL. Who doesn't?
  • When he was a baby, he had a wooden puzzle with handles to help little ones put the puzzle together. He used them as cymbals and would scoot around in his walker singing and banging them together.
  • He loved Teletubbies.
  • He would bark like Blue from Blue's clues when he was 1. He would also tell us how old he was (with his finger) do Home Alone (scream with his hands on his face) and be "Cold" (hold his hands frozen and face frozen then shake like he was cold). He was a comedian even then.
  • He would rather hold a conversation with an adult then play with kids his age. Once you laugh, he'll never leave you alone.
  • He has an incredible memory. He has been asked to perform whole George Lopez comedy acts and can deliver.
  • He is an amazing artist. Sometimes it looks like he traced it, it's so perfect, but I watched him draw it, so I know he didn't. I hope he continues with it.
  • And (From James) he's his dad's best buddy. (I seriously teared up on how cute that is)

Anyone else have any Joey memories or anything you want to share?

4 comments:

Christine said...

You're right he's gonna make an amazing hubby. What a great kiddo even if he is you experiment, lol. I haven't spent too much time around him yet, but my favorite memory to date is his one liner about finding the loop hole in your no more ice cream request.

Mallory Clan said...

A very Happy Birthday to Bean, which when I read the meaning I laughed out loud. You two seriously crack me up. Actually almost that entire list had me rollin'. He must be a fun kid to have around!

Amie said...

awww that's sooo sweet! what a great kiddo! I just love his curly hair in those photos. I hope he had fun tonight at the game. what a super day for him! I LOVE the "Joey to the world!" !!!!

Melody said...

Joey is such a cute kid! He sure does make me laugh everytime I see him and it seems to brighten my day :] Happy Birthday Joey!