Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to read and comment. It's not just an online journal, it's a way to keep my friends updated on what's going on in my world!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why it's been forever since I last posted...

Well, cause I am expecting a wee little one. Well, that shouldn't effect me posting, right? Except, that I have been super-duper sick for about a month. The worst all day sickness ever! I've done the meds (none worked) and I've done everything else everyone since the dawn of time has tried and nothing worked.

I'm pretty miserable. I want to be excited, but all I can focus on is how sick I am. I have ceased to be mother and wife and I am just a blob of yuck. I lay in bed and do nothing except go to stinkin' work cause I have too.

Well, the good part of this (besides my baby) is that I have had some absolutely amazing friends take care of me by bringing dinner in and by just sending me great thoughts and prayers! Shout out to Amie, Jessica and Christine-without you my kids might have starved! (Well not really but it was nice to have something non-microwavable right) I love you ladies! My Mom too, she gets my calls at work when I just hurled in the bathroom. Why is it you pee when you throw up? I hate that, I have to cross my legs...nevermind, I digress.... Also, thanks to everyone that has been supportive of me during my inactivity at church (well, I'm there but I almost threw up all over CTR 5 the other day) and everything else I have had to blow off. *sigh* just pray that this doesn't last any longer-and yes, I had morning (all day) sickness with my others, but this is 100% worse so I have no idea how long it will last.

Oh, and as of Sunday....I'm 12 weeks.......due date 12/6/09.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

congratulations! that is so exciting!

Jenna said...

Woo-hoo! That is so exciting and you are so brave to get pregnant even when you know you get sick! You're amazing and will be so blessed, congratulations!

Castle Family said...

I'm sorry you are so sick. I can soooo sympathize. I hope it passes quickly. A few things that helped me are sucking on peppermint (like mentos), taking kids vitamins and folic acid instead of prenatals, and taking extra vitamin B6. They also have ginger root in capsule form that might help.

Amie said...

it won't last forever...maximum 6.5 more months, but hopefully it'll be over with long before that!!

Christine said...

glad to help, anytime, DJ says we'll accept no payment but you naming the little guy after him. =)

Casey Lu said...

Chris, I am so sorry you have had the all day sickness! It is the most gosh awful thing that could ever happen to someone and I know exactly how you feel! I had it with my first, Donovan. What can I do for you??? I will pray for you as well but wanted to see if I could do anything for ya! Maybe bring you some yummies after I get the cherries and apricots?!

Carol said...

Okay, so this is a little bit late, but Zofran is the answer. It's a stomach paralyzer, given to chemo patients. It's more expensive, so insurance companies usually insist on your trying every other drug first, but none of them work for me, so I just skip on ahead and request Zofran on my very first prenatal visit. You take it when puking is imminent, but it lasts for a couple hours, so I'll even taken it before going out with friends to dinner preemptively. I would not have had kids 5 or 6 if not for this wonder of all wonders.